www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freezing your hard drive, whats the deal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor
Posted once

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Freezing your hard drive, whats the deal? Reply with quote

Excuse my question on this subject if you think it stupid to even ask, but I've read some people giving credit and some putting down the idea of freezing a hdd. Can someone direct me to a link where this has been discussed in detail or can ppl discuss this here so myself and others can have a much better understanding of the idea. Apparently it does work according to people so I would just like to know how it works and under what conditions and what diagnosis this method might be useful for.

If this is a bad idea (which I am sure various people will say it is), please explain why it is working for some people's hdd problems and what the cons of freezing a hdd really are. How likely is freezing a hdd further damaging it from future data recovery, even if the drive remains unopened? etc.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Regards,
Victor.
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Freezing Reply with quote

Freezing a drive is frowned upon, but I have to ask, why do Seagate's product manuals specify sub-zero temperatures for the allowable non-operating range (–40° to 70°C)?
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Victor,
does your hard drive got problem and want to get help here? if so please explain more detail with your drive what happen?? i don't recommend freezing ideas. for my DR work. if it really need cool. i will take off it and pull it a side or use a Fan for cooling. after 1 hours continue backup works.
beware with freezing. incorrect operation will damaged platters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: