www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Maxtor STM3500320AS!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saman0suke
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Help with Maxtor STM3500320AS!! Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first thread, and I'd lik to get some advices on how to repair my HD in order to get the info out of it, my HD is Maxtor STM3500320AS DiamondMax 22, and someday stopped working, I was not able to see the two partitions on it(only used for data storage), I went to Ubuntu and I was able to see the partitions but not getting access to them, and gParted told me to perform CHKDSK with a Windows CD, but I cannot do it since the disk is not recognized when I use the disk, all of a sudden, I was not able to see the disk not even on Ubuntu, so I placed the disk on an enclosure and I could see it on Windows, both partitions but when I tried to get access on any of them, it asked me to format the drive......when I use any of the recover data apps the disk starts to make a "clicking" sound and most of the time the app hangs, I've been doing some research and data recovery companies charges me like $700 to get data from it, could I try with a PCB logic board replacement? I know that it will not work most likely, but I don't know what else to do, thanks in advanced Sad I really want to get the data, it's really important.
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
send it to data recovery company betters. you try more on it will become more worst. and why you want to swap PCB for this matter? just want to give it a shot? if so i don't recommend. you lost ROM chip or damaged ROM will more diffcult even impossible or now. take care your drive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: