www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD 160GB JB need PCB desperately

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strevellick
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: WD 160GB JB need PCB desperately Reply with quote

Hello all! I am so glad I found this site. I have an external backup drive that I sit atop my desktop machine. I copied the data from my main drive to it and deleted it from my main drive temporarily. It contains all my family videos and photos from 2003. My lovely son Evil or Very Mad happen to knock it right off onto the floor. Now it just clicks. I tried everything to get the system to recognize it but nothing. I even froze the drive for a day and tried but still nothing. My last thought was to change the PCB and pray. Does anyone have one, or at least a drive that I can use the PCB from? Here are the details. Sorry if I don't have enough info, I have never had to try this before.

PCB Etched: 2060-107292-002 REV A
Printed: 2061-701292-C00 AE
XW 3E12 BA1A 6 0007080 7087

I think the date on it was AUG 2006. I am at work so I will have to check when I get home.

Sincere thanks!

Shawn
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: WD 160GB JB need PCB desperately Reply with quote

If it spins up and then clicks, then it sounds like media damage. You will be wasting your money and effort on a board swap. :-(
strevellick
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really? Damn. I noticed that it starts to spin up briefly (~2 seconds) then clicks once and stops. It does that about three times and then gives up. So most likely a media problem. Ouch.
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
you can send it to me or others data recovery company for data recovery. such drive few chance get media damaged.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: