www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Success Story, very happy. Thanks to www.onepcbsolution.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickers
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Success Story, very happy. Thanks to www.onepcbsolution.com Reply with quote

Well I joined this forum some months ago due to one obvious reason: my computer power supply failed and fried my entire computer, mainboard, video card, both hard drives, everything. There was some smoke involved and a foul smell. I had all our baby photos mirrored on both my drives thinking that if one drive failed then i still had copies on the other drive. I never expected this to happen.

Now my power supply was only 12 months old at most as i replaced it after the cheap supplied power supply i got with the case failed. it was a brand name power supply with ample output power so I thought it would last forever.

I bought a new laptop to replace my entire system as it was starting to get dated anyway. I bought an external hard drive to USB connector to try, and plugged in my hard drives via USB but they would not spin up. I connected another working drive I had spare and it spun up fine so I then knew my hard drives were both dead. I had a close look at the PCB's on both drives and found burnt parts on both PCB's.

So a bit of googling later brought me here. I read lots of stories of people having success finding another correct PCB but also read lots of stories on google about doing further damage to the drive by not having an exactly correct PCB. I contacted a data recovery company who quoted $500-$2400 (AUD) to recover the data (if possible). This scared me, i had to get our baby photos back but that was just rediculous.

I then came across www.onepcbsolution.com. They did PCB's for one of my drives so I contacted them. Kevin emailed me back very quickly and informed me that he has PCB's to suit both my drives and that he would likely be able to make exact copies of both my boards. One of them would require a firmware transfer which would require me to send him my board to do. His prices were very cheap, only $40 per board. This sounded like a good option for me. I decided to send him both my boards so he could have them in front of him which would make it more likely to make an exact copy.

I posted him both PCB's from Australia to Canada. I was worried that they would get lost in the mail but got an email from him about 10 days later that they have arrived. PHEW.

Another 24 hours later he emailed again saying that he was successful in making carbon copies of both boards. At this point I started getting a little excited that this may work. I paid him with paypal and he posted me back my boards along with my old ones. Postage back was only $3! it cost me about $25 to post them to him so this was very cheap.

2 weeks passed and then they arrived. I nervously and carefully screwed the boards back onto my drives and connected one of them up using my external USB connector courtesy of ebay.

Once connected the drive started to spin, big smile on my face at this point, then the menu popped up on the screen and clicked on explore drive. Bingo, I have my photos back Smile I immediately copied all the photos onto my computer. Then I plugged in the other drive with the same success. I was so happy at this point I was punching the air.

For this whole process I hadn't said anything to my wife as I didn't want her to get her hopes up and then be disappointed if it didnt work. I gave her the laptop and explained what I had done and told her to look in this folder and see what you find. She was so excited. She thought we would never get our photos back. There were a few tears involved and a few hours of looking through our baby photos again.

I can't thank Kevin enough for what he was able to do. I took a risk sending my boards to the other side of the world but it paid off. And the total cost was around $110 AUD so I couldn't be happier. He was always quick to reply to my many emails (taking into account the time zone difference) and answer all my questions. He has saved us from spending much more money on a data recovery company to get us our photos back.

Check out www.onepcbsolution.com I am glad that I found them.

Cheers
Nick
PGHinBKK
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: onepcbsolution Reply with quote

I emailed them about a problem board of mine for my laptop and they couldn't help. Crying or Very sad
godzilla123
Active contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: onepcbsolution - fix your drive - don't send data to anyone. Reply with quote

I also had a recent hdd failure and managed to fix my drive... thanks to onepcbsoluton.com

Those guys are great! I have recovered all my data and the drive still works great. Please contact them if you need your drive fixed.
wdmjys
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site is also recommended, here are some of the reviews for their service.

http://www.hddzone.com/customer_reviews.html
corbingravely
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this awesome site, nickers. I have just sent them a request on my PCB requirements and they were just so fast in giving me a reply. And my problem is almost at the verge of being resolved. Thanks to you that I found them.

---------------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
las vegas senior apartments
---------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: