www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD1600bb PCB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woolfm
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: WD1600bb PCB Reply with quote

I am after a pcb for my dead wd1600bb.
The numbers are:
mdl wd1600bb-00dwa0
date 09 aug 2004
dcm hsbhctjah

Numbers on the board
Label 2061-001179-000 dm xc 1k39 2w68 1 002050 5052
printed 2060-00179-003 rev a

Please help as i have over 100gb of photos on the drive

Mark

Crying or Very sad
Eric Lee
Deadharddrive regular +4

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have this working PCB in stock. Pls contact my hotmail to see if I can help or not.

Thanks, Eric
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: WD1600bb PCB Reply with quote

You will need to transfer the 8-pin serial flash memory chip at location U12 from patient to donor. This chip stores unique, drive specific information.

The following supplier includes a transfer service for US$20 (total $70):
http://www.hdd-parts.com/10001173.html
wdmjys
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: WD1600bb PCB Reply with quote

fzabkar wrote:
You will need to transfer the 8-pin serial flash memory chip at location U12 from patient to donor. This chip stores unique, drive specific information.

The following supplier includes a transfer service for US$20 (total $70):
http://www.hdd-parts.com/10001173.html

The following supplier? you must be the owner! or you are one of the spammers.
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: WD1600bb PCB Reply with quote

[quote="wdmjys"]The following supplier? you must be the owner! or you are one of the spammers.[/quote]

In recent days, you and your various hddzone aliases have been spamming several storage forums. These spammers impersonate hddzone customers who have supposedly solved their problems after installing replacement PCBs purchased from hddzone. They all write in the same broken English, and always in response to someone else's thread, never their own. Many of them are first-time posters.

Many of the claims are clearly bogus. A typical example is where the hddzone customer reports complete success after a straight board swap, without a "BIOS" transfer, as hddzone calls it. Another example is where the DIY customer reports success even though the PCB's BIOS is internal to the MCU chip, rather than in an 8-pin serial flash IC.

Sometimes the same spam is posted to several forums, eg TomsHardware and Seagate, with only the model being different.

This example was deleted:
http://forums.seagate.com/t5/FreeAgent-Products/Freeagent-USB-Flashing-light-and-Data-Recovery/m-p/102122

Among other things, the poster claimed that his goods were delivered on the same day of his order. For those who may be wondering how hddzone.com does it, the answer was inadvertently provided by the spammer himself -- "you can contact us for a help ...". One thing I hate more than a spammer is a stupid spammer.

As for your insinuation that I am a hdd-parts shill, you only need to review my posting history in this and other storage forums to see just what a despicable slur this is. In fact my immediate response to anyone asking for a board is to enquire as to the nature of the fault. Unlike others with their robotic replies of "contact me via Skype and we'll do a deal", I will attempt to ascertain whether the fault is indeed a PCB problem, or whether it is an internal fault. Furthermore, if the problem is indeed a PCB fault, then I will attempt to help the OP to repair it himself, if at all possible.

I have absolutely no relationship with any vendor, not even as a customer. However, based on verifiable independent feedback from genuine end users, I am always happy to recommend hdd-parts.com and onepcbsolution.com. Unlike most, if not all, other PCB suppliers, they both offer a ROM/firmware transfer service as part of the deal. Anyone who even remotely understands HDD technology will know that such transfers are mandatory for Seagate, WD, and Hitachi drives. To offer such PCBs to unsuspecting end users, without advising them of what is necessary to make them work, is dishonest to say the least, or perhaps it's just plain ignorance. You are not selling fruit and vegetables, although you should be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: