www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Digital WD10EVVS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petie
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Western Digital WD10EVVS Reply with quote

Hey all. A few weeks ago, my 1 TB external decided it no longer wanted to spin up. I'm fairly certain the logic board is shot as a result of being plugged into a faulty power strip. I have some data on the drive that I'd really rather not lose and after finding this site, I figured it couldn't hurt to give asking you guys a shot. Here are the details:

Make: Western Digital
Model: WD10EVVS-63M5B0
Date: 21 FEB 2010
DCM: HANCHV2MAB
DCX: 8009M8T50
R/N: 701640
LBA: 1953525168
PCB Sticker (Left): 2061-701640-700 AB
PCB Sticker (Right): XT 8R56 KTQX 2 000228R 0 297
PCB (Etched): 2060-701640-001 REV A

If it makes any difference, this particular drive comes from a "TiVo Certified" media extender with a model number of WD10000F032.

I think that covers everything but if not, please let me know. Also, if it makes any difference, I do not need a replacement part permanently. I have already replaced the drive (and power strip) and just need to get the old one working long enough to copy the data off of it. If necessary, I would happily send the working part back once this is complete.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Eric Lee
Deadharddrive regular +4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, we have this PCB in stock for sale, pls contact my hotmail to see if I can help or not.

Thanks. Eric
Petie
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric seems to have a working replacement board but unfortunately, it seems like it will require me to swap out the main chip on the board to get it fully working again. Does anyone have any other options or is this going to be necessary in the end?
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: shorted TVS diode? Reply with quote

The usual result of an overvoltage is a shorted TVS diode. If you have a multimeter, measure the resistances of diodes D4 and D3, and zero-ohm resistors R64 and R67 near the power connector.

If either diode is shorted, remove it with flush cutters. If either resistor is open circuit, then flow a blob of solder over it, or bridge it with a wire link.

The drive will work without the diodes, but it will no longer have overvoltage protection, so make sure your PSU is good.
leon2046
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2060-701640-001 REV A PCB

This pcb is for sale with free shipping on this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: