www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed for a Dead Freeagent 1.5 TB External

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triltaison
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Help Needed for a Dead Freeagent 1.5 TB External Reply with quote

I received a 1.5TB FreeAgent drive as a gift in April 2010, but it ceased functioning three months later. It was never bumped, dropped or received any trauma. I was sitting on one part of the couch with the drive hooked to my laptop and unplugged the USB cable so I could change seats without accidentally knocking the drive over in the process. When I plugged the USB in again, the drive wouldn't light up or spin and just beeps. It didn't move at all and was sitting on a table, so I have no idea why it decided to up and quit.

I contacted SeaAgent to try and get a replacement, but their customer service ignored me or responded with nonsensical answers to my problem. This happened for months, as it is now October of 2011 and I'm still stuck with a worthless, dead drive. I finally got a response that told me I need to exchange it at the place of purchase. I received this item as a gift over a year ago, so I don't know where it came from and can't do this. I explained this and still have been ignored. I'm getting really tired of this problem and treatment. I just want a working hard drive.

I don't care about the data on it because it can be easily replaced and I have run SeaTools and it fails everything but one of the Quick scans. Since Seagate themselves will not help me, I hoped that someone on these forums could advise me on how I can either fix my drive myself or get Seagate to back up their product. I might be a complete newbie when it comes to this sort of thing, but I'm willing to learn and do what is needed. I'm not one to complain, but this is by and far the worst customer service I have ever received from anywhere. If there is something faulty with a product, it is the company's responsibility to try and fix it -not pretend the problem and the customer doesn't exist.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Warranty Reply with quote

Ask one of the moderators at Seagate's forums to make enquiries on your behalf. I have found them to be very helpful in this regard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: