www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD10EADS - 00M2B0 failing? Urgent help needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xstrike9999
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: WD10EADS - 00M2B0 failing? Urgent help needed. Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

My hard drive seems to be failing on me. It went completely silent a day ago. The platters still spin up, but I am getting little to no sound from the drive. Plus, the data transfer rates have hit rock bottom. I have to wait ages to open a folder and I am getting only 100 kb/s in transferring or copying files. S.M.A.R.T status is giving me 0% fitness but 90% performance, which makes me think the PCB might be bad or the head is faulty.

I want to get this drive repaired WITHOUT losing the data, even if it is temporary, because I just want to be able to recover the data on it, which has taken me ages to accumulate and is extremely important.

The drive is a 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green with Model No. WD10EADS - 00M2B0.

Please take a look at the pics and contact me if you know any way to get this fixed or get the data recovered. Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk87/xstrike_9999/Dead%20drive/
xstrike9999
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any advice guys? The head(s) seem to be weak. The cost is too high for data recovery companies and I need an alternative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: