www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maxtor Plus 9 120GB HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve H
Posted once

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Maxtor Plus 9 120GB HD Reply with quote

I am new to this site but thought some may benefit from my experience with a fried HD.
2 months back I turned my system on and heard a sizzle. The system carried on until I got the notice of the HD either not there or not working. After inspection I saw a small burn mark on one of the components. I tried everywhere to get this repair but came up against the usual "oooh that will be £300-£500 plus to repair/recover the info.
Eventually saw a website called PCB Solutions. The system asks for some details of the drive and some components on the bad HD to be entered onto their search system. Once all are entered it tells you if they have a replacement and its cost. For me this was $43 or £27.56. I sent off for this and 7 days later received the new PCB and a torx bit driver to install it.
Followed the instructions and now perfect again (although now as a spare drive in my new system.
Some may have heard of this site before but for those who haven't it is quick cheap and it worked for me. For anyone who needs this please see the link.http://www.onepcbsolution.com/maxtor-diamondmax-plus-9-sata-033.html I have no personal interest in this site but would recommend it.

Steve H
wdmjys
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend this pcb supplier: http://www.hddzone.com/maxtor-diamondmax-plus-9-pcb-c-14.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: