www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD3200AAKS - 75L9A0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobo12
Posted once

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: WD3200AAKS - 75L9A0 Reply with quote

hello

my problem started few months ago, the PC started failing to boot to windows and i had to keep restarting it until it boots.
i went to bios several times, when the PC failed to boot, and i saw that the HDD wasn't recognized!
i discovered that sometimes the HDD doesn't get detected , and as a result the PC fail to boot to windows. but when the HDD get recognized it will work just fine!
the problem started happening more often , and lately it became extremely hard to get the PC to boot! so i kept the pc on all the time.
the PC became very slow lately even after i restart it , and games started to lag , so i decided to overclock it (i have a quad code CPU with 4 gigs of ram) , so when i overclocked it and saved the settings in bios and exit it, it automatically shut down the PC and turned on immediately. the result was that the HDD didn't get recognized , and since then i couldn't get it recognized (i restored the bios settings after few minutes of restarting the PC ).. and after that i literally kept restarting it for HOURS but i couldn't get it recognized..
so i desperately took an old 80 gigs IDE HDD from my old PC and put it in my computer and installed windows on it .
my plan was to boot in windows using the 80 gigs HDD and hopefully get the 320 gigs recognized in windows as drive D so i can get my data from it, but that didn't do it.
so i disconnected the 320gigs HDD , and then i felt my pc started running much faster , especially the boot process when i turn it on, and opening bios as well, (that process was very slow when the 320gigs HDD was connected), i guess its because the computer was trying to read it..

i have no idea what caused the problem and how i can recover my data now! (the weird thing is that it gets detected when it wants to , and when it does , it will work just fine)

i connected the HDD to the computer while i was holding it in my hand and then turned the PC on , i could feel it spinning while the PC was booting , it stopped spinning after short time of starting windows (while already on windows' desktop) , then i tried disconnecting the HDD's power cable then reconnecting it , it started spinning again, but didn't get recognized ..

here is a picture of the HDD for all the info you need:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/793/28072011074.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
corbingravely
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys this can also be a problem of your RAM. If there is a problem with your RAM, then HDD might seem to be missing. I think you should just clean the RAM and then put it back. If not just get a new ram.

-------------------------------------
CORBIN GRAVELY
online computer repair services
-------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: