www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting the right drive from EBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer-Help

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Getting the right drive from EBay Reply with quote

As was mentioned in the homepage of this site, getting the correct replacement drive is critical to success.
Look at your bad drive closely! Usually the model or part number contains enough information to be 90% sure of what you need to buy; but, the real scoop is in the whole thing. A WD200 for exxample is the generic model for a 20 Gig WD and is not enough; WD200EB-11CSF0 specifies virtually every part used in the assembly and is. (Note that sometimes "REV A-01" can also affect what you need)
I have found that I can often read the complete label from drives offered on EBAY if I save the large picture to my computer and open it up with anything that will let me zoom. If that doesn't work, I have also found that most sellers will reply if you use the "ask seller a question" link.
DATARECOVERYTORONTO
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no good dont get conned you must know the right firmware of the drive
for it to work
there is a white label on the other side
this olds the right information for the drive
this is 100% must match with yours for it to work
windstorm
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: pcb Reply with quote

what if the original pcb is gone...can an exact match still be found?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: