www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help diagnose dead drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonbobshinigin
Posted once

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Please help diagnose dead drive Reply with quote

Maxtor D540X-4D
80gb

I run a computer business. I just started it and I run it from my home...just to set the context.

This guy's hard drive is partitioned and he is out of space on his windows drive, but has plenty on the other partition. He wants both partitions merged. So I figured I would back it up...then work with it. Well, I boot it up and it is fine, then I take the drive out to hook into my USB IDE adapter and I get nothing....no spinning nothing. So I put it back in the original pc and once again nothing.

I need to diagnose this and get a game plan for fixing...I have done this work plenty and nothing unusual happened. I is in its own mounting rack so nothing should have been bumped. Would this be a logical problem or what? How do I find the firmware number? It is not labeled...Willing to pay for help btw. Thanks!!

After some more research might this be compatible?:

This one is for an 80gb
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAXTOR-4D080H4-80GB-DAK019K0-PCB-BOARD-Data-Recovery_W0QQitemZ190091373439QQcategoryZ99249QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
This one for a 40gb
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAXTOR-4D060H3-60GB-DAH017K0-DSP-040106000-BOARD_W0QQitemZ190092197024QQcategoryZ99249QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: