www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New PCB saved my data!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wombox
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: New PCB saved my data! Reply with quote

Thanks for this great forum! The information and anecdotes contained within helped me repair my drive.
I believe a faulty enclosure power supply cooked the PCB on my Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 9 series 80GB drive.
I searched on Ebay for the appropriate (approximate) PCB and got a winner!
I was extraordinarily relieved as my wife's entire music collection was held on the drive and it would have been a painful and difficult process to try to replace it.

If you find yourself in a similar situation I would suggest looking on Ebay for the seller "safeoncomputer". He/they were quite helpful in finding the correct PCB with IC and FM that closely matched the original.
Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: