www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seagate, sometimes clicks, sometimes detected as RAW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevezen
Posted once

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: seagate, sometimes clicks, sometimes detected as RAW Reply with quote

so my seagate died on me all of a sudden. just kept on clicking away on not being detected by the OS (xp) over USB. but sometimes though it is detected by the BIOS and XP, file system RAW, free space 0bytes, used space 0bytes.
the seagate detection software doesn't see it in DOS, prolly due to it being USB although not too sure.
so my next port of call is to get another PCB and T8 Torx screwdriver, although I don't see any instruction as to how the swap is achieved in and around this forum. I'm guessing (hopeing) it's really quite a simple procedure, but any links would be appreciated, as would any links to the 'freezer' method.
any thoughts, links or info is appreciated Smile
NeGrusti
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connect it to the IDE port.
You may also have a problem with a power adapter of your USB enclosure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: