www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

identical WD drives and logic boards, but still no response

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonylds
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: identical WD drives and logic boards, but still no response Reply with quote

Hi
I've a WD1600BB-00RDA0 drive with logic board 2061-70192-800 AE (There are numbers after this that are underlined - is this a serial number??). The motor drive chip was getting very hot and the drive wouldn't work. I've also noticed that there is a little damaged spot on top of the big processor chip - either way the board is fried. I have just bought an identical drive (including same last 6 digits after theb hypen) Also the PCB number is 2061-701292-800 AE (same as above). The underlined numbers after this are different, hence my earlier question if this is a serial number. Assuming it is, I would say these drives are identical but when I swap the "good" pcb" over to the bad drive it spins up. "clunks, tries again, then stops spinning. Could someone please let me know if this is because the parameters stored in the ROM are different for each drive, and that if I swap this chip over it should work (assuming the ROM chip also hasn't been fried !!!) I'm pretty sure the ROM is the 8 legged U12 but could somone alsom please confirm that for me.
Thanks for any help with this - I need to stop pulling my hair out soon -It's seriously affecting my bald patch !!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: