www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

replacing pcb - which numbers match for Maxtor DiamondMax21?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chet79
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: replacing pcb - which numbers match for Maxtor DiamondMax21? Reply with quote

I purchased a 320gb Maxtor Sata HDD from MSY on 21 July. I've used it several times in a HDD caddy (via usb), and it's been fine. Today I went to plug it in via my SATA/IDE->USB cable (similar to this), and I heard a pop sound come from the power supply. It sounded like a short circuit. Then a second later, I saw smoke coming from my HDD

The motor was not spinning either. I tried plugging the HDD in to my PC, but the computer won't even boot up! I checked the power supply from the SATA/IDE->USB thingy (with an old IDE hdd) and the hdd spins, so the power supply ain't faulty.

I have GBs of photos on there (some, but nowhere all, are backed up on dvd). I've been reading up on replacing the PCB and am more than happy to give that a try. I'll go out and get a HDD today - as long as I know what numbers need to match.

Here's some pics -

(click thumbs for larger pics)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: