www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my maxtor 6l200r0 may be dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mydriveisdead
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: my maxtor 6l200r0 may be dead Reply with quote

hello people.
I got my maxtor 6l200r0 200GB in one touch II FW800 drive for mac.
it happens like this, my maxtor drive was working fine. all of sudden, they would not mount on my desk top. After a 30 min of try, it did mount. but next time I turned the power on, it would not mount.

It seems like chassis case is working since my system profiler is recognize the FW device as follow

Manufacturer: 0x22E
Model: Unknown Device
GUID: 0x22EFFFE800000
Maximum Speed: Up to 400 Mb/sec
Connection Speed: Up to 800 Mb/sec
Sub-units:
Unknown Unit:
Unit Software Version: 0x800000
Unit Spec ID: 0x22E

However, drive doesn't mount on my desktop. My disk utility dosen't recognize the drive neither. I open the chassis case and put my ears on drive. Seems like my drive is spining. But I have no idea why it wouldn't mount on my computer. All my work is on my drive and I awnt to know if there is anyway to fix the issue. Is it possible to install the drive in my PPC G4? what would be a jump setting for it? what woud be the proper jumper setting for another FW chassis case? It dose say ds, cs, cap limit, and slave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: