www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

250 maxtor diamondmax plus 9 issue...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfphoto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: 250 maxtor diamondmax plus 9 issue... Reply with quote

Hi I was looking for some data had an open external firewire drive with 4 drives I was popping in and out looking for data when I accidentily touched the circuit board on the bottom of the external case, oops smelled some burning smell (I am dead) was my first thought. Yes the drive is dead so I have some Diamondmax 10 plus 250 gave the circuit board swap a try it made some noise like it might work but, it started clicking in a not good way so I located tigerdirect and found a refurbished 250, of course I don't know if the firmware is the same, but I did try the first posters link and my firmware was not listed so.... who knows if anyone has knowledge of the clicking noise or if they have a circuit board they can sell or rent firmware J4FYA 250GB CODE YAR41BW0 2/7/04 MFC DATE. LET ME KNOW, THANKS

DFCARSEARCH@EARTHLINK.NET
dfphoto

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: update not good yet.... Reply with quote

Hi I am still in trouble, I found another unit but alas the firmware is after my unit however it spins up nicely but it won't register as a drive, (I have heard something about Bios?) Anyway I am still looking for a solution, anyone have any ideas?????????????

dfcarsearch@earthlink.net....
Subzuki
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: 250 maxtor diamondmax plus 9 issue Reply with quote

Not sure but maybe the external enclosure took the hit and not the drive?
Do other drives work in the enclosure still?
Tried the drive directly hooked up to the motherboard?
Subzuki
dfphoto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: I got it working! Reply with quote

Damn it took forever, but I got deparate and bought 2 more drives refurbished from Tigerdirect.com and got damn if it spun up and works.... I'm in shock and turned around and formatted my other drive by mistake and lost 248gb on another drive I can't believe my luck....

However, the circuit board didn't seem to have the same firmware yet worked which is odd since the other drive I bought didn't work...

who knows...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: