www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seagate hard drive recover with pcb are partitions a problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellishnoo
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: seagate hard drive recover with pcb are partitions a problem Reply with quote

I have a seagate harddrive, 7 years old, I fried it recently and am looking for a pcb to try and recover the data, has anyone had any problems using this method if the frive you need to recover has 4 partitions on it, I prepared to use get data back incase the sectors are messed up cos of the pcb swap, but does anyone know does the pcb carry information about partitions, or is that information stored in the hard drive itself.
cheers
elli
LarryB
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The partition information is stored on the disk surface. If you did a simple fry job replacing your PCB with a matching PCB will get your drive going again.
You have to match Model#, P/N, HDA P/N, Config, Firmware and site code and try to get the S/N and date code as close as possible.
Your fry job could have taken out the heads and/or preamplifier inside the drive. If that’s the case then you have a much bigger problem.
ellishnoo
Active contributor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Many thanks for your response Reply with quote

LarryB wrote:
The partition information is stored on the disk surface. If you did a simple fry job replacing your PCB with a matching PCB will get your drive going again.
You have to match Model#, P/N, HDA P/N, Config, Firmware and site code and try to get the S/N and date code as close as possible.
Your fry job could have taken out the heads and/or preamplifier inside the drive. If that’s the case then you have a much bigger problem.

Thanks for your response, I thought it was only important to match the model number and firmware, is it a must to match all... Model#, P/N, HDA P/N, Config, Firmware and site code.. or is it just better to match this, also when you say try to match the s/n and date code as close as possible, how much can they be out?
Its a hard job to match all this as on ebay I havent found it yet but hey Ive only been search for a few weeks.
Cheers
Elli
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: