www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WD2500JB-00REA0 only reconized in device management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonob
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: WD2500JB-00REA0 only reconized in device management Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a WD2500JB-00REA0 hdd which was inside an external box : Memup Kwest.

It didn't reconized anymore in disk management, only in device management.

I plugged it on IDE and i have the same pb.

It is reconized in bios but all diagnostic tool i tried can't read any sectors ! All appairs to be bad (HDtune, HDD scan,DFT Hitachi, MHDD, HDAT, DLG DIag). There is no failure sounds.

I found exactly the same drive and try to swap PCB : it didn't work, drive isn't reconized in bios.

My PCB:
on paper: 2060-701292-C00
on PCB: 2060-701292-002

PCB with worked HDD:
on paper: 2060-701292-C00
on PCB: 2060-701292-001

I swap U12 firmware from my PCB to new PCB and plug this new PCB on my HDD : It works Smile ...but Wink ......:

I have the same pb: HDD is only listed in bios and device manager , not in disk manager, so i can't read partition from it Sad

Now i'm sure the pb isn't on my PCB, except the firmware, maybe it can be corrupted ?

Can you help me, i would like recover my data : a lot of pictures from many years Sad

Can i test, read, update the firmware ?
What pb could it be ?

Thank you very much

See you later
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: