www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

logic board replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: logic board replacement Reply with quote

this sucks i had to do something moronic and plug in a fan wrong way in 3 pin connector.and it was plugged into one of the molex that connects to the hard drive.so i hear a buzz and hard drive shuts off and pc shuts down also.turn it back on its ok but hard drive wont spin or be recognized.i had a hard drive same size but mayeb not same model i tool apart and kept some parts.but i decided to toss the logic board which would of saved me from buying another hard drive.i justh hope it is the board and not the heads i know my data is fine.strange thing is i looked at the board and see no damge at all.but i know there is since the drive wont work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its more likely that you friend the controller chip itself and the platter should be fine.
but you must get the right logic board for it to work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: