www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate ST3160023A Firmware 3.06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyhappy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Seagate ST3160023A Firmware 3.06 Reply with quote

I suffered a drive failure well over a year ago, and made a nearly full recovery with assistance from this board doing a logic board swap and recovery software called GetDataBack from Runtime.org (no plug intended; I used it it works and you can try it for free)

I think this section can be a great help for people and am disappointed that it is not garnering more use. I have a stack of hard drives old and recent that I am not using, and will be posting them as time permits. I'm not looking to sell the drives or the logic boards, and I'm not out to make big dough doing this. If I have something of interest contact me and we can try to work something depending on your needs.

Maker: Seagate
Model: ST3160023A
Size: 160gb
P/N: 9W2084-314
HDA P/N: 100306787
Config: D5G-02
Firmware: 3.06
Chip: Agere
Date Code: 05075
Site Code: WU
Condition: Drive and logic board appear perfect
Manufactured in: China
ellishnoo
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re seeking Hard drive seagate ST3120022a Reply with quote

Hi there, I recently fried my pc with a power surge, my Hard drive has failed withit, I need a replacement PCB board, I live in london, is it possible you have one, when you replaced yours did you do like for like as I have seen recomended, and made sure the firmware was the same.
Yes get data back is great, I have recovered many a hard drive with this simple program.
MAny thanks elli
ellishnoo@gmail.com
happyhappy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your symptoms sound the same as I experienced, but mine was a Maxtor drive and that is my sole experience doing a logic board swap. But I think the principles are the same for different manufacturers.

Maxtor does not list a "firmware" version on their drives, but I think what they call "Code" is in fact the firmware version. It looks something like "YAR41BWO". The also have another 5 character code printed on the logic board looking something like "E6FYB". I tried to find a board where both numbers matched, which is possible and probably preferable. But I successfully recovered using a logic board where only the "Code" matched. The substitute board came from a different capacity drive than the one recovered.

I suggest you do a post on the "boards wanted" page with as much info as you can and perhaps someone here can give you a hand. I'd also look at similar drives on ebay. If they post actual photos you can sometimes see if they have similar firmwares, and I had good success asking sellers what codes their drive had. The weak point of this site is that it is mostly frequented by people looking for advice or specific components.
ellishnoo
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re; Seagate st3120022a Reply with quote

happyhappy wrote:
Your symptoms sound the same as I experienced, but mine was a Maxtor drive and that is my sole experience doing a logic board swap. But I think the principles are the same for different manufacturers.

Maxtor does not list a "firmware" version on their drives, but I think what they call "Code" is in fact the firmware version. It looks something like "YAR41BWO". The also have another 5 character code printed on the logic board looking something like "E6FYB". I tried to find a board where both numbers matched, which is possible and probably preferable. But I successfully recovered using a logic board where only the "Code" matched. The substitute board came from a different capacity drive than the one recovered.

I suggest you do a post on the "boards wanted" page with as much info as you can and perhaps someone here can give you a hand. I'd also look at similar drives on ebay. If they post actual photos you can sometimes see if they have similar firmwares, and I had good success asking sellers what codes their drive had. The weak point of this site is that it is mostly frequented by people looking for advice or specific components.

Many thanks for your response, I have posted in the wanted section, and am searching ebay daily, thanks for all your advise.
Elli
parisma
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Do you still have pcb for st3160023a frmware 3.06? Reply with quote

If you still have this pcb I would be interested in buying/renting .. whatever it from you. I have a fried the pcb for my drive and need to get some pictures/Wife's email off of it.
sbgospe
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Seagate Barracude, 80Gig, ST380021A....firmware 3.10 Reply with quote

Hi.

I am ready to give up. Sadly, I'm sure someone has a drive like this. I'm 99% sure the logic board is bad....but I can not see to find an identical drive.

If you have any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Steve
itoure
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Need Seagate ST3160023A Firmware 3.06 Reply with quote

Hello happyhappy!

Would you still have Seagate ST3160023A Firmware 3.06 PCB or hard drive. If you do, I would like to purchase it from you. Thanks. You can email me directly at itoure@comprecovery.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives available All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: