www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED: PCB for Hitachi Deskstar IC35L120AVV207-0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strangeraver
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: WANTED: PCB for Hitachi Deskstar IC35L120AVV207-0 Reply with quote

Hello, Can someone help me restore my important data?
I did some research and it seems that it may be possible to get my HD spinning again by replacing the PCB board. So...

I'm looking for a PCB board for a:

IBM/Hitachi IC35L120AVV207-0 ATA-IDE

Capacity 123.5 gb

p/n 079214

MLC: H69404

7200 RPM

S/N G4H9SDPL

LBA: 241.254.720 SECTORS

CHS: 16383/16/63

RATED: 5V-500 MA- 12V-700 MA

DEC 2003 N155

Please contact me at

erecords@hotmail.com

Rick :shock Crying or Very sad
________
Mercury Marauder history

Last edited by strangeraver on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
strangeraver
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any suggestions?
________
volcano vaporizer

Last edited by strangeraver on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
salvationlaura
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Only replacing the PCB, it won't fix your disk if there is NVRAM chip on this PCB. You have to repair RVRAM too.

well, let?s take a look at the NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random Access Memory) used on HITACHI HDD, NVRAM is one member of NVM??see introduction at the end?family, it can process data accessing randomly and keep data even when power is off, but its price is comparatively more expensive than the former ROM.

NVRAM of HITACHI HDD saves important data such as number of HEADs; beginning position of SA, ROM overlay module checkout and platter adaptive parameter.
At present, HITACHI is the first manufacturer to use NVRAM as the media for saving key information.

? Brief Introductions on NVM

In computer industry, there are three kinds of semiconductor memorizer mostly used.

EEPROM?Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory?used to save BIOS information. Data can be kept after power off, in recent years, the flash RAM used to save BIOS information is also one kind of EEPROM.

The DRAM?Dynamic Random Access Memory?is used to save temporary data, the data can be kept only by being kept refreshing. The data stored in the chip will be gone when power off.
The SRAM?Static Random Access Memory?is used to save the common instruction and data of the CPU. The data can be kept without being refreshed, but the data stored in the chip will be gone when power off.
Usually, we call the semiconductor memorizer that can keep data after power off ?NVM? (Non-Volatile Memory), and Memorizer like DRAM, SRAM is called VRAM.

As the semiconductor memorizer used in HITACHI HDD can access data randomly, it is called NVRAM (Non-Volatile Random Access Memory).
________
herbalaire review

Last edited by salvationlaura on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
shakedown
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLC H69205 any good?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: