www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentdan
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: New member here! Reply with quote

Well first of all i like to say Hello to everyone and i also like to say that right now im feeling down to the point that im not able to sleep or eat.
The reason i feel that way is because couple of days ago i was using my desktop pc and when i finished using it i turned it off.Well later on i tried using it again and it would not boot up and instead i was getting some beeps and i was like ok i can probably fix this.
So i researched the meaning of the beep codes and the problem was my video card.So as i was removing the video card one of the cords somehow rubbed against the metal housing where the hard drives are installed (2 hard drives by the way).
After i removed the video card i plugged in the monitor cord in to the on board video card and booted the pc but my hard drives where fried.
I had all the picture of my Daughter from birth to present and also had a few video clips of her firs steps when she learned how to walk and my heart is riped in to pieces right now.
I just want to say that when i stumbled on that DIY article i got back a hope that somehow i have a chance of at least getting the pictures back some how.Now i just hope i can find a hard drive the same as mine .
Thanks for reading.

The hard drive in question is a:

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 300 GB PATA133
Model: 6L300RO
S/N:L62SMCVG

UPDATE!!!
Well what do you know...this morning i decided to test the hard drive one more time before i ordered a replacements pcb from Ebay and to my surprise it freaking worked so i was able to back up all the data from it and its still working as i type this.
Well good luck to all the people that are trying to backup their data and keep the hopes up as their is always a solution out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: