www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It worked ! PCB swap Maxtor D540X-4D 40GB HDD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro_Hernandez
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: It worked ! PCB swap Maxtor D540X-4D 40GB HDD Reply with quote

Many thank's to dariusale (Ebay ID) he had the right pcb for my slave drive, took just one week for delivery from payment, from Canada !

Straight Swap of PCB though there were many differences written on chips ,rom etc
Reconised on Bios but wouldn't boot, got through POST but then would keep on cycling through "Start Window Normaly ,,last good configuration etc."

Firsth thing's first slaved it to a flaky 4GB Fujitsu, reconised in my computer and could access all folders and data,,backed them up sharpish.

Did a repair install of windows XP , had to remove all other drives first so it was the sole IDE HDD as it wasnt reconised during the instalation set up process first time round. HDD boots everytime now to how it was though it is a bit slower than I remember and not totaly happy, however I am as I've gleaned it of all data I wanted. !

I'm pleased cos It had all my photos from Sept 2007 upto present and also a back up of my recent outlook data, it's a minor victory because I still need to get a board for my WD1600JS which has all my photo's and documents pre Sept 2007 to 1990's backed up on it ! So Help Please !
Crying or Very sad

Pedro
Pedro_Hernandez
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Cry for Help answered Reply with quote

Thank you to Soft.com http://stores.ebay.com/Softcom. They had the right board for my WD1600JS and communication and advice second to none,, just got to desolder old Rom chip off old board onto new board and and be lucky, there's every chance the PSU failure and subsequent surge took out the chip in head. Crying or Very sad fingers, toes, eyes's and every thing crossed !.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: