www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

western digital wd1000bb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluesiivv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: western digital wd1000bb Reply with quote

Gentleman,

I have a western digital wd1000bb which is in desperate need of data recovery. As of now the drive consistantly spins up, however is undetected by the BIOS. Of course I've checked IDE cables, controllers, and jumper settings. I thought of a logic board replacement but after more reading i've learned that the BIOS info is generally stored in cylinder 1-32 of the HDD. I have removed the logic board from the bad drive and see no signs of damage to any of the chips.
Please adivse on how best to proceed. Loosing the data on this hard drive is not an option. I sure don't want to have to send it to a clean lab for recovery!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: