www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saved all my Data!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emufreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Saved all my Data! Reply with quote

Well you probably guess what happened. One Day I wanted to start my Computer and I got disk failure. I tried and tried but my harddisk was just dead. It didn't spin so I guessed it was just something with the power supply.

I searched the web and found this page. Encouraged by the stories I ordered the same harddrive at ebay. It took some time till it arrived but when i got it in my hand I saw that it was almost exactly the same modell. One was revision B and the other Revision C though.

I thought I'll try it anyway I exchanged the board from my damaged harddisk and but the board of my new one on it. It was very easy actually. Not harder than to but some more extramemory in your computer. I connected it and switched on the computer. Nothing happened. After some experiments I looked at the cable again that connects the logic board with the harddrive. I found some switches. When I pulled them the cable losened and i could put i t in better. After that i pushed the switches back to connect the cable better. I switched on the computer and my harddisk was recognized.

The OS started but crashed. The Harddisk worked but was very unstable. Probably it had something to do with the logic board being not exactly the same. Well I put my other harddrive with my recent Linux in it booted from it and copied all my old data to the new harddrive. I was able to save all my data that I collected over years.

So try and don't give up if it doesn't work immediately. In a lot of cases it might even be enough to just connect the logic board and the harddrive a bit better.
Emufreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: My Modell Reply with quote

O The Harddisk whas a Quantum Fireball EX 6.4 GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: