www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate defective, ST3750640AS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nclarke
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Seagate defective, ST3750640AS Reply with quote

My Seagate drive spontaniously stopped working the other day.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750gb
ST3750640AS
S/N: 5QD00MJQ
P/N: 9BJ148-305
Firmware: 3.AAE
Date Code: 07335
Site Code: WU
Product of China

Windows froze and my harddisk made strange noises when trying to move the head, not clicking noises but like an obstructed sound. After trying it in another machine the last I saw of it in the bios was a message complaining about the firmware. Since then the drive has been unrecognized.

My last try was in an USB enclosure, hdd spins up, reset head position like after a reset with same strange noise, and then makes that obstructed noise with 4-5 second interval. Finally it span down after the usb controller was detected, possibly because the hd was not detected properly.

Anyway I'm unsure what the chances are trying to swap PCB in the hopes that this is what is causing the electrical and mechanical problems.

Anyone had similar problems with a seagate drive?

-Nicholas
mikeymasonic
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have what seems to be a bad pcb on mine reads then clicks in harmony. looking for a pcb board for this
p/n: 9bj148-668
firmware - 3.AFM
please please please!!!!
date code:08021
site code: WU
salvationlaura
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

AS you mentioned that the disk complaints in BIOS about the Firmware problems. It is more likely caused by a firmware corruption.

If the firmware modules corrupted, the Head stack can not position themself and try to visit the SA.It can cause clicking or knocking too.

Because the motor and head stack are working, it seems no electronical problems on the disk.

You can try some professional devices and diagnose and find the solution. Any questions, please feel free to contact m at salvation_data@yahoo.com.

Regards

Laura
________
Honda CB450DX-K

Last edited by salvationlaura on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
hddstudio
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeymasonic wrote:
i have what seems to be a bad pcb on mine reads then clicks in harmony. looking for a pcb board for this

PCB is not the problem, friend. Head most likely damaged already.
hddstudio
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Seagate defective, ST3750640AS Reply with quote

nclarke wrote:
My Seagate drive spontaniously stopped working the other day.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750gb
ST3750640AS
S/N: 5QD00MJQ
P/N: 9BJ148-305
Firmware: 3.AAE
Date Code: 07335
Site Code: WU
Product of China

Windows froze and my harddisk made strange noises when trying to move the head, not clicking noises but like an obstructed sound. After trying it in another machine the last I saw of it in the bios was a message complaining about the firmware. Since then the drive has been unrecognized.

-Nicholas

A usual problem with large capacity drives from Seagate. I can not understand why. Probably unstable firmware and electromechanical parts inside the HDA ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: