www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP: WD5000KS-00MNB0 not being detected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmge
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: HELP: WD5000KS-00MNB0 not being detected Reply with quote

this is starting to really frustrate me my wd5000ks just magically stopped being detected under winxp.. i was over at my cousins place last nite for a gathering and when i got home just a few hours ago something wasnt right...

i got home and winxp was frozen, tried ctrl-alt-del and nada... so i powered down my system and lo and behold 1 of my sata hdd wasnt being detected... ugh... to top it off it makes this noise (click, click, click...pause for about 15s then click, click, click) it just loops into that pattern... i tried swapping the drive into my external drive and it makes the same pattern of noise... changed cables and same noise... tried it just by itself in my system and same noise... cleared the CMOS and the same issue permits

whats odd is when i have all the sata drives connected... BIOS doesnt detect that one drive that makes noise... it goes to verifying DMI data pool thing... the loading windows screen starts and then boots... but when i disconnect the drive and boot up... im able to go to windows without a problem..

any suggestions?.. this happens to be my important drive that has lots of data... id hate for it to be dead... .. i was just gonna start burning the data onto some dvd-dl that i got from a local store. Crying or Very sad
hddstudio
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

find a donor PCB, swap the ROM (if available and the donor match) just make sure, no clicking sounds from the hard drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: