www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate 320 GB PCB - 3.AAC Help for some of you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phatj1227
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Seagate 320 GB PCB - 3.AAC Help for some of you Reply with quote

I am posting this story and pictures to hopefully help some of you out there. I have had to learn the hard way about the Seagate 320 GB drive with firmware 3.AAC. My pcb on my drive fried and so I have spent 6 months trying to find a pcb to swap with mine to recover my data. I found out this drive actually has two different pcbs for 3.AAC firmware as I bought the an incorrect drive off of Ebay only to find out it was a different size and that it would not spin up my drive. I was lucky that someone came into this forum and said that they might have a match. THEY DID - I worked with them to buy the drive and get it shipped from Hong Kong. I swapped the pcb board on my dead drive with the new pcb and I am able to get my data. Laughing I hope the images that I am attaching will help someone else...I took images of the stickers on the front of the drives so you could see that everything matches. I would also like to say for me the site codes did not matter when swapping the pcbs and getting them to work. You can see the two different sizes of the pcb even though technically these are the same drive.

cunningstunt
Active contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned the hard way as well
Still searcing for the correct one
cunningstunt
Active contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here
I ordered one from ebay, it turned out different size pcb to the one I needed
Then bought another , right size pcb model/firware match, but it didnt have the Agere chip which mine has

So now looking for number 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: