www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Recover My Files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ludwik52
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Help Recover My Files. Reply with quote

My computer was gradually having problems. I suspected some stubborn viruses/maleware. Eventually I was able to get to windows user log in but it would tell me partition sys manager was bad and although the windows loaded up I was unable to see the icons- only the white screen and isp window would pop up and tell me I was being connected to my dsl. The only thing I was able to do is to ctrl-alt-del and shut down the windows. Eventually the windows failed to load and now I get a blue screen of death and a message that my partition system manager failed. Bios will not even recognize my hard-drive. I can feel my hard-drive struggle and spin and warm up but I can feel its very weak. How do I repair it? Recover data? All I need is my jpegs and my wp documents that's all.I cannot afford $250-$1000
they charge to recover data. I am in New York City.
Have wd800BB-75Fra0.
cheadledatarecovery1
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: WD failure Reply with quote

Can you describe a little more about how the hard drive 'stuggle and spin and warm up'? Are there any strange noises coming from your drive?

If a hard disk won't spin to its full (& normal) speed the actuator arm will not engage to read the disk. A cause of the this is a motor / spindle failure. Listen to your disk - does it sound like a smooth movement at the spindle or a rough abrasive one?

Any more questions then just ask.
John Reid

http://www.cheadledatarecovery.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: