www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixing MBR / Partition table - Possible RAW data recovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nigo
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Fixing MBR / Partition table - Possible RAW data recovery Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Ok, i succesfully switched a PCB on my Maxtor Diamondmax 9 Plus 120gb and i got booted up and windows loaded it in once i got into desktop.

I looked at the data and yes, everything was correct, NICE!

I move some data but after a while i get a data reduncancy error, and it frooze sometimes. I thought there might be a interferrence from my other drive, so i shut down and switch it over to its own IDE channel.

After i boot up, it does not show and after some testing back and forth i have concluded that the MBR / Partition table is ruined and/or the data is now in RAW format.

The dilemma:

What happened after the boot? At first boot the drive was installed as i expected and immediatly popped up in explorer with the same name and data inside. How could a second boot ruin the partition table or possible MBR?

I got some data before the reduncancy error and the pictures worked.

I now sit with a couple of options.

Can i do a RAW data recovery succesful ?

Should i try to create new MBR and partition table and after do a standard data recovery with a utility program? I dont know if the data would be ruined if i create a new MBR Rolling Eyes

Almost every recovery program is able to find it, shows with the correct model name and size, just no info, cause of ruined MBR / Partition table.

I cant reach it, try to rebuild MBR or what not, BUT the drive is functional and i know there is SOME way of fixing this problem.

So that's why i post here, as there maybe some of u with a solution?
I cant be the only one having problems with readable data after a PCB switch Smile

Also, as i am from denmark, can some of u guys link me too good/large english forums regarding hardware questions etc.

Thank!

Mails are welcome
RussWinters
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the drive making any strange noises? If not I suggest you just run it through R-studio, or Getdataback. You will get what you are looking for i think =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: