www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wanted Western digital hard drive: WD2500JB-00GVG0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walterlee78
Active contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: wanted Western digital hard drive: WD2500JB-00GVG0 Reply with quote

Date 02 SEP 2005
PCB 2061 - 701265 - 200 AH

Best Buy in Miami is currently selling drives from FEB 06 in boxes that aren't clear. I bought one to find out the date and the pcb of the one I got is 2061-701292 ....

I wonder if this will work. I may try it if I do not find one.
walterlee78
Active contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an exact match as far as PCB goes and the firmware chip version is also the same. The only difference I noticed is that the foam was a different color. The DCM number is also off by a digit.

Initially, the bios would recognize it and windows detects it but I cant access the drive at all and my system is very slow. I tried chkdsk and it fails. I eventually gave up and shutdown.

When I tried booting up a few minutes later, I heard the noise. The Bios wouldnt recognize it. I let the drive cool down for an hour or so and try it again. Again, the bios picks it up but I still can't get to the files?

Should I try another PCB board? Western Digital has a tool that can copy the partition - should I try this? (I started it up and it recognized the drive. At the time, I did not have another drive big enoug to copy the partition to) or is there another data recovery tool?
jspace3
Officially active!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: I have the same drive.. Reply with quote

Let me know if you decide to sell your working PCB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: