www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I find the firmware version on a WD drive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sevulturus
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: How do I find the firmware version on a WD drive? Reply with quote

I'm currently looking at this listing to match my messed up HD.

The MDL, Date, and DCM numbers are all slighting different as are the S/N and WD P/N but the last two are to be expected.

However the Drive Parameters are exactly the same. So I would assume the logic boards are interchangable?

Info:

Original:
MDL: WD1600JB-00HUA0
Date: 21 Feb 2004
DCM: DSBACTJAH

E-bay:
MDL: WD1600BB-00FTA0
Date: 08 Sept 2003
DCM: FSCACAJAH

Both have the following on them

Drive Parameters: LBA 312581808 160.0 GB

There is no listing of what firmware version is being used on either of the drives.

My problem is that one night my storage HD was working fine, the next morning I fired up the computer and it didn't work, the HD didn't get power. I changed power cables with the primary HD, and the primary still worked, I stuck the HD in a USB enclosure and it still didn't get power. I'm thinking overnight something shorted out the power "path" on the HD, possibly blowing a fuse or melting something important. I haven't taken it apart yet, because I'm still waiting to hear back from WD, but I would appreciate any suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: