www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6E040L0 DEFECTIVE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatemaxtor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: 6E040L0 DEFECTIVE Reply with quote

All 6E040L0 hard drives are defective so don't use them and if you have one that works, replace it immediately no matter what!

I would personally like to watch (from a distance) a nuclear bomb destroy every Maxtor manufacturing facility in the world. They should not be in business.

I personally watched 80 of these drives fail in the same way over the course of 2 years at one company and dozens of others fail in misc computers. I've also seen many other types of Maxtor drives fail over the years including server hard drives. Maxtor refuses to take responsibility for these probelms. Their only solution is to RMA the drives. That is completely unacceptable.

You may think I'm nuts, but I have confirmed from several computer manufacturers that the 6E040L0 model is in fact defective (even though Maxtor won't recall it). Dell even offered to proactively replace over 30 of these for another company I do work for. And I even got a tech at Dell to admit to me that he see's WAY more Maxtor drives returned than any other manufacturer.

STAY AWAY FROM MAXTOR!!!
ranikolahdd
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

maxtors are the easest frive to fix
serbia@helpdisc.com
marceljack
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 6E040L0 DEFECTIVE Reply with quote

ihatemaxtor wrote:
All 6E040L0 hard drives are defective so don't use them and if you have one that works, replace it immediately no matter what!

I would personally like to watch (from a distance) a nuclear bomb destroy every Maxtor manufacturing facility in the world. They should not be in business.

I personally watched 80 of these drives fail in the same way over the course of 2 years at one company and dozens of others fail in misc computers. I've also seen many other types of Maxtor drives fail over the years including server hard drives. Maxtor refuses to take responsibility for these probelms. Their only solution is to RMA the drives. That is completely unacceptable.

You may think I'm nuts, but I have confirmed from several computer manufacturers that the 6E040L0 model is in fact defective (even though Maxtor won't recall it). Dell even offered to proactively replace over 30 of these for another company I do work for. And I even got a tech at Dell to admit to me that he see's WAY more Maxtor drives returned than any other manufacturer.

STAY AWAY FROM MAXTOR!!!
Seagate lays off 6,000 as it closes Maxtor deal

MANHASSET, N.Y. — Disk drive supplier Seagate Technology LLC completed the acquisition of rival Maxtor Corp. Monday (May 22), and preceded to lay off 6,000, or 50 percent of Maxtor’s remaining 12,000 employees.

A spokesman for Seagate (Scotts Valley, Calif.) verified an earlier Reuters report concerning the layoffs, adding that the cuts will be spread out over the next six months as Maxtor (Milpitas, Calif.) is integrated into Seagate. The spokesman added the remaining Maxtor employees serve various functions including engineering, marketing, and manufacturing.

Seagate announced in December it would buy Maxtor in a stock transaction worth $1.9 billion , following months of mounting losses for Maxtor. The deal is seen by some as part of the continuing consolidation of the disk drive business, particularly as storage moves away from traditional hard drives to memory cards.

Maxtor has continued to flounder since the announcement of the acquisition by Seagate. The company announced in April it would cut 900 jobs and post a first-quarter loss as it winds down production.

Meanwhile, Seagate, ranked by analysts as the leading disk drive supplier, has profited at the expense of its rivals. The company announced in March it would add 1,500 to 2,000 employees in Singapore as part of a business expansion there.

Seagate's total employment will be 51,000 with the addition of the Maxtor employees, a spokesman said.

Spencer Chin
EE Times (05/22/2006 5:09 PM EDT)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: