www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Maxtor 6L200R0 revival

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HDDeath
Posted once

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: My Maxtor 6L200R0 revival Reply with quote

First off, thank you to the site administrator for creating this site else I never would have known that this was possible.

I was using a Belkin external HD with my 200GB Maxtor 16MB Buffer drive when all of a sudden the drive stopped working. At first I thought it was my USB ports on my computer but realized that the drive was no longer spinning. I got very nervous considering my undergrad notes as well as all of my law school notes were backed up on that drive as I was in the process of formatting my system.

After stumbling upon your site (go google!) I found out about your process of finding the exact PCB and swapping them. I searched all over the city, trying both the 200GB 8mb PCB and the 250GB 16mb PCB which both didn't work. I then went to another store where I looked through 15 boxes of 16MB 6L200R0 drives. The last box I opened (had to be) was made maybe a month apart from mine with the exact same chipsets. I quickly bought the drive, brought it home, performed the swap and I have all my hard work back again.

Once again, to the site administrator: I thank you and owe you a great deal of gratitude.
nev
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

It's always great to hear another success story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: