www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some advice please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bal
Officially active!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Some advice please Reply with quote

Ok my Western Digital 250GB was working fine until the other day... All of a sudden it is not being detected...

Im currently running 2x 120GB HD Raid0 with OS

Then this 250gb hdd which I keep all my movies etc on... This is the drive is no longer being detected... Does appear in Windows nor in the bios...

On computer boot up the bios try to detect IDE Drives for a minute or so before saying no drive detected...

What should I do... Should I first try the freeze process and see if I can get it to load long enough to back up about 140gb of data or try buying the same hdd and doing a swap? Rolling Eyes
Bal
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well put the HDD in the freezer and it is now working, just recovering my data as now when I try to access it, windows says it needs formatting.

Would never a of knew about this if the owner of this site didnt buy a domain to tell everyone about his story... Nice one mate Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: