www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Misleading data recovery service ads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkangael
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Misleading data recovery service ads Reply with quote

Whilst looking around for solutions to my dead hard disk recovery problem I found your site. Unfortunately I also found webpages of a number of (I imagine expensive) data recovery service providers which have pages like the following:

http://datacent.com/datarecovery/hdd/samsung/canyoutelliamlying

Basically they have a page that seems to refer to the specific drive you're looking for telling you why you should use their expensive service (in this case, they have detailed information about a Samsung "canyoutelliamlying" hard drive Wink and recommending against the PCB swap. Clearly the technique is too reliable and is cutting into their business! Whilst what they say is technically true, swapping with the *wrong* PCB could possibly cause some damage, it's not nearly as likely as they seem to make out. Close to zero my arse!

These pages had me worried for a while, but I already had a spare drive bought at the same time as the dead one that I wasn't too bothered if I lost because I wasn't going to trust it with anything important after the first one failed. Needless to say, it worked just fine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: