www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Success on WD1600BB logic board swap - THANK YOU!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixt_one
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Success on WD1600BB logic board swap - THANK YOU!!! Reply with quote

Bad drive a WD 160GB drive. Did not have high hopes after talking to numerous very in the know folks...density issues with larger drives, etc.

Frazzled Drive: (BIOS did not recognize anymore, no spinup etc)
Western Digital part number: WD1600BB-22FTA0
Date: 30 Mar 2004
DCM: HSBACTJAH (not sure what this is, but was in same blocked area as above #'s)

New Drive off ebay (keep a running search on ebay for the HD part # ie in my case WD1600BB. I wouldn't specify more than that because many sellers do not list the whole part number)
WD1600BB-00FTA0
Date: 18 May 2004
DCM: HSBHCTJAH

4 Torx screws and 5 mins - replaced logic board, put drive in USB enclosure. Success! Was able to copy all contents from USB drive over to new PC.

Notice the WD part number is off by two digits and the DCM number is off by one. The boards looked identical to me down to the chip. This link was on another post but it may come in handy for others, has info on WD p/n and DCM numbers: http://www.iswamp.com/library/WD-PCBs.pdf

GOOD LUCK and I wish you the same success. Thanks again for great info everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: