www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Digital Hard Drive Quotes From Dream and Eric Lee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankf0k168
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Western Digital Hard Drive Quotes From Dream and Eric Lee? Reply with quote

Hi I browsed around the forum and saw that dream and eric are offering services to fix hard drives to recover date.

My hard drive is a wd2500aajs-75vwa0 Sata Firm ware A0

Basically bought a new power supply and it turned out to be bad and saw some smoke come out of the hard drive. Then when powering with old power supply the hard drive reads as if there is nothing on it, but it would let me install fresh copy of windows (but I did not) Now when plugging in the hard drive, the board gets really hot and it I hear no disc spinning.

How much would it cost to use services from dream or eric, and if I decided to buy the pcb board myself, do they sell it, and do I have to do a rom swap as well or just take out the board from old and swap in the new?

Thanks for the help in advance, I have just one file I need to take out from my hard drive, it's my to do list. Not that big of a deal, but would like to have it back if possible.
frankf0k168
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Follow Up. Reply with quote

pwb 2060-701444-004 rev

For the record the above was the chip numbers on the board, it doesn't say rev A next to it as many others do though...

Suggestions on what to do and how to fix this issue?
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i have this PCB in stock for sell. and i can help you program original FW into good PCB. as you know normal PCB with ROM chip. but for this kind of PCB ROM data stock into MCU(the biggest chip). that we need special tools for transfer original FW into good PCB.

1, why need transfer FW into good PCB? selling PCB no match with me? can i simple swap PCB with same spec hard drive with program ROM data?
for swap PCB we just need to match model of PCB will be enough. no need to see spec of hard drive. as we will transfer ROM data into good PCB. this is the point. often will PCB matching with same model of hard drive, firmware, and model of PCB. but we have transfer ROM already.
so just simple swap PCB won't help at all even you can find out all spec same as your. and ROM data is unique for every drive.

2, why ROM chip such important for hard drive?
ROM data include adapter, head map etc matching with FW with stock in platters. ROM and FW like a key and lock. without match how can we open hard drive access data area?

sorry for my poor english. hope my knowledge will help people who got hard drive fails. please contact me if any question if no buying or no use our service any more. Smile

sincerely
Sunny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alexender
Posted once

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hard drive is a wd2500aajs-75vwa0 Sata Firm ware A0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: