www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wd3200 replacement diodes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medic550
Posted once

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: wd3200 replacement diodes Reply with quote

Well i blew one of the diodes on my wd3200. couldnt tell which however once i lifted both of them i was able to read my drive.

I would like to replace them and could use assistance in what i need and where to obtain them from.

Frank
sunnydreamspace
Deadharddrive regular +5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
where's your locate? i can send them to you free but you need pay shipping charge. please contact me by email or MSN. thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fzabkar
Deadharddrive regular +3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: wd3200 replacement diodes Reply with quote

[quote="medic550"]Well i blew one of the diodes on my wd3200. couldnt tell which however once i lifted both of them i was able to read my drive.

I would like to replace them and could use assistance in what i need and where to obtain them from.

Frank[/quote]

The 12V diode can be replaced with an SMBJ12A, and the 5V TVS diode can be replaced with an SMAJ5.0A. Both parts are available from Farnell, Mouser, Digikey for around $1.

My notes may help you identify the diode markings:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/HDD/TVS_diodes.txt

Otherwise you can tell which is which by examining the SATA power connector:
http://pinouts.ru/Power/sata-power_pinout.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: