www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 Logic Board (Firmware F8FYA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabeg
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Wanted Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 Logic Board (Firmware F8FYA) Reply with quote

Maxtor diamondmax plus 9

6y160p0042211

Mfg 28dec2003

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gabe
happyhappy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of these drives on eBay. I had about an 80-90% response rate when asking the sellers what code their used drive had. You need to be explicit what info you need, such as " The firmare version which is shown as "Code" on the label, and the revision code which is a 5 character code resembling E6FYB on a label on the circuit board side.

People selling new drives are unlikely to open the box to check the codes.

The logic boards for the 120gb (6Y120P0) and 160 gb (6Y160P0) are identical.

Matching both codes is real tough, and eBay gets a lot more traffic than here. I believe the firmware version is a lot more important than the revision. I recently had sufficient success with boards where the latter did not match; you may want to check my post on the More Stories thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: