www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Western Digital Serial 120GB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucidLight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Western Digital Serial 120GB Reply with quote

I am looking for a western digital 120gb SATA hard drive with the model # WD1200JD-00GBB0 AND A DCM of HSCHCVJAH. Any help would be great. $20 for anyone who can locate one for me.
Turkish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: i have the same problem too. Reply with quote

sorry, i can't help you. maybe you can help me.

i have a WD1200JB-75CRAO.
DCM: HSEHNA2CA

i found some hard drives on ebay with the same model number (75CRAO). will that work for me? or do i have to find a hard drive that matches other things (DCM, DS/N MY, Rev A00, DP/N, etc.)
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: doubt it Reply with quote

Hey Turkish,

Doubt that board will help. I just triked swapping a WD800JB (80GB) board - the model number matched (WD800JB-00FMA0) but, the DCM was different (what does DCM stand for, anyway). And although the board looked really similar, it had a different number stamped in the upper left corner - I assume it's a firmware revision or something (2060-001209-003 REV A).

BTW, if anyone has a board matching that description, I would be forever grateful....

MH
myxlplik
Posted once

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Hey Turkish Reply with quote

Let me know. I have the same one and it crashed so I'm trying to swap the board (burnt out circuit chip)

Thanks!

contact me at myxlplik@hotmail.com
HighLight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mike

I don't know what DCM stands for but it is firmware of the disk. As far as I know, firmware should be same if you decide to change the circuit board of your disk. Otherwise, It is said that, disk may become defective indeed. I am suspicious whether if this is true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: