www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted MAXTOR diamondMax Plus 9 6Y160P004221 / L8FYA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poussin009
Posted once

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Wanted MAXTOR diamondMax Plus 9 6Y160P004221 / L8FYA Reply with quote

As you read i need a HDD for the controller card ;

MAXTOR diamondMax Plus 9

Firmware : L8FYA

Code : YAR41BWO
K,M,G,D
SN : Y43XJFBE
6Y160P004221

Mfg.Date : 11FEB2004

Thanks
PS : I'm in France
happyhappy
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I believe your firmware version is YAR41BWO ("Code") and I think L8FYA is a revision code for the firmware. I'm not sure how critical it is to match the latter. I can say I successfully swapped boards with matching firmware and different revision codes. By successfully I mean that a drive that would not spin would spin once I did the swap. The bios then recognized the drive, but I had to use low level software to recover my files from the drive.

It is hard finding a perfect match between the two. However, there are a lot of these drives on eBay. I asked the sellers (of used drives) what the codes were and got prompt responses for 80-90% of my inquiries. You need to be very explicit what you want, ie "Code" from the drive label, and the 5 character code resembling L8FYA on a sticker on the circuit board side of the drive.

Also, the 120gb version of these drives (6Y120P0) uses the same logic board with the same firmware as the 160gb.

I have a 6Y160P0 with your firmware but a different revision code. They are common. I'm using it as a backup drive and don't want to sell it, but may have been tempted had it been an identical match since i have a great deal of sympathy for people in your (formerly our) predicament. Hope this helps; depending on what you are trying to accomplish it may make your search for a solution easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: