www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi DeskStar PCB Swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gobibi
Posted once

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Hitachi DeskStar PCB Swap Reply with quote

The PCB on my Hitachi DeskStar hard drive went into smokes after connecting it to a newly purchased SATA to USB adapter. So I replaced my fried PCB with an identical board and now the drive spins but is not recognized by the BIOS. After doing a little research I found out that I was suppose to solder a chip (NVRAM/Rom) off of my fried PCB and onto my new PCB. But I am confused about which chip this is.

Here is the image of the bad PCB:

The section that I have labeled as A reads;
S93C76
ADVH4

And the section that I have labeled as B has no visible chip.

Here is the image of the good PCB:

The section that I have labeled as A reads;
S93C76
ADVH3

The section that I have labeled as B reads;
Pm25L V010
AE0807
M05265L

And here is a comparison image of the two;

Why does my bad PCB not have a second chip like the good PCB? Also, do I solder Chip A off of the bad PCB and onto the good PCB? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I had a company quote me on how much it would cost for them to recover the data and its way out of my budget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: