www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate ST3320820A - fried PCB - this info might help you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeagateTrouble
Officially active!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Seagate ST3320820A - fried PCB - this info might help you Reply with quote

Hi

In the interests of sharing knowledge, see the following thread http://forum.hddguru.com/seagate-320gb-st3320820a-pcb-swap-t12189.html

Outline story: wrong power adaptor plugged into external hard drive - 20V where only 12V was expected. Result - indicator lights on enclosure and power adaptor flashing...indicating a short circuit somewhere. Replies to my posting in the above thread advised me to remove any shorted TVS (Transient Voltage Suppression) diode component from the PCB and try powering it up again. In many instances this has been proven to work.... but alas in my case, something else is clearly still wrong as my hard drive still doesn't even power up and start spinning.

Now I'm looking for an identical hard drive so I can try swapping the PCBs over and hopefully get back my precious photos.

Good luck with your own problem whatever it might be. Hope you found this useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: