www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will this work...Maxtor...PCB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rci124
Officially active!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Will this work...Maxtor...PCB Reply with quote

I came across a Maxtor SATA 250 and most of the numbers match a Maxtor 120 GB that I need to replace the PCB on. Can I take the PCB off the 250GB drive and put it on the 120GB drive?

Maxtor 250GB SATA DiamondMax Plus 9
Top Side
Code: YAR51EOW K,G,C,D
SN: Y62XKMRE
TLA: 6Y250M006541A
LBA: 490234752

Bottom Side
T8FYA
24024LNJHM

Maxtor 120GB SATA DiamondMax Plus
Top Side
Code: YAR51EOW K,G,G,D
SN: Y3M3LNAE
TLA: 6Y120M0135450A (Note a 0 before the A at the end of the TLA)
LBA: 240121728

Bottom Side
T8FYA
04024LLJHM

Thanks,
Mike
doug2060
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a shot! From my understanding of these things it should. You may want to check the maxtor site for more info first. READ THIS...

To replace the circuit board on all Quantum and SCSI Hard Drives (up to and including the Atlas 10K III): Example GTLA or P/N ZZ10ayyz-xx-x (or ZZ10ayyz Rev. xx-x). ZZ and z have to be the same as the original drive, otherwise it is not possible to replace the circuit board. The same format applies to models DiamondMax Plus D740X, DiamondMax D540X-4K, here the relevant number is called Maxtor GTLA.

For the following Maxtor hard drive models: Fireball 3, DiamondMax 16, DiamondMax Plus 8, and DiamondMax Plus 9 there is also a GTLA Number on the model (next to barcode on the bottom of the drive). Format 1Y222J2223322. 1, 2 and 3 stand for numbers, Y and J for letters. The numbers 1 and 3 as well as the letter Y need to be identical to be able to replace the PCB on these drives.

To replace the circuit board on all other Maxtor drives the drives need to have the same PCBA uplevel number (which describes the revision of the circuit board) and need to be from the same drive family (e.g. Diamond Max 60 or D540X-4D).

Good luck! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: