www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pleeeasssee Help Me!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salchucks
Officially active!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Pleeeasssee Help Me!!!!!!! Reply with quote

ok so its a familiar story but with a different twist.

ive gota Western Digital 300gb sata drive. (WD3000JD)

One day it just started clicking and doesnt show in windows. In the bios it reads as - WDC ROM MODEL-BU - 19.5GB ..... 19.5gb???, rom model???

so anyway im actually an in-home tech for a major corporation so ive got access to all the goodies and long story short no tools will work. I need the stuff back off the drive and the data recovery companies are way too expensive.

now my question is... does anyone know if the switching of the logic board would apply to the symptoms im describing?? the drive is covered under warranty so i can send it in for a new one but before i do i really need to get this stuff out of it.

please help me if youve got some helpful info.. thanks.
salchucks
Officially active!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: anyone?? Reply with quote

no takers??

i know the whole logic board method but what im asking is- with the above symptoms, will this method apply?

i was hoping someone who knows these problems inside and out would know cuz i don't wanna have to buy a new drive unless i know i can get my data back.

if its just getting the drive working without data recovery then i dont care cuz its under warranty anyway.
doug2060
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try a new PCB. It may not help but its worth a shot. If it does work backup your data ASAP until you can be sure the drive is stable.
Look here:
http://www.softcom.com.my/

Good luck Smile
hdd
Deadharddrive regular +1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Pleeeasssee Help Me!!!!!!! Reply with quote

If the HDD does not spin then YES try a new PCB. However if it is spinning your in trouble. The ID you gave is the default PCB identification info. In other words the system area (Factory area) is not working well or your head/heads inside are duffers Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> General chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: