www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with MAXTOR DIAMOND MAX 9 80gb 6Y080L0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suicidtheory
Posted once

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Problem with MAXTOR DIAMOND MAX 9 80gb 6Y080L0 Reply with quote

Hi mate.
i'm new on this forum, and i'm going to introduce myself,
So, i'm french (sorry for my bad english) and i've got 22 years old, living on the extreme nothern of france.

I'm a Microsoft Beta Tester, recently, i have received WINDOWS VISTA, i tried to install it, but without success,
The first time, the setup did not started correctly, but the second time, the installation was aborded by the computer which had got problem to read the dvdrom.
So, i have rebooted the computer, and i trying to start windows Xp, on the other partition, but it was impossible, my computer did not recognized the drive anymore, even in the bios it is undetectable....
Time goes by, and one day i started the computer and i tried to launch the other OS ( i put HIREN BOOT CD) and it success to make the drive recognized by the BIOS.
but it appears with a bad name (CALYPSO....) , but my hard drive only write this ONE TIME, after that i rebooted then, it appears like a MAXTOR (so, it was OK) launching the OS, and scandisk was appears, and starting to search about data on the bad sector, it was under recovering all of my DATA!! but like i haven't any chance, we have got a electric problem, and the computer was suddently OFF, then i put on the button, but the HARD DISK say now : DISK BOOT FAILLURE , any of software like GetDataBack, Esay recovery,undelete, or other success to find my data, HDD REGENERATOR is very long, indeed, only 50mb on about 4 days....., so, i stopped this programm.
WIndows VIsta (that i succedeed to install after many tries) recognized the hard drive, but do not want to give it a letter and say that it is not initialized.....
So i asking you,
like my hard drive has already been detected like CALYPSO, i think that it was the LOGICAL BOARD, so please could you confirm that, or have another idea?
i posted to you information about my hard drive, and if you know, where i could find the PCB, it will be nice....
Thanks a Lots

Maxtor diamond Max 9 80gb TYPE : 6Y080L0422001
Code : YAR41BWO
SN : Y2QVY5JE
FY42A
Please help me to find an answer to my problem, because i really need the losses data (a bigger part of the data are not MINE, so i'l very embarassed).
Thanks.

PS : if someone known a firm or something which are above the 500€, it will be very NICE.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
doug2060
Deadharddrive regular +2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try softcom if you want to try the board. This does seem quite odd. If I were you I would check all my connections to the mobo and drives. Make sure your board has up to date bios. If possible use another drive for your OS to retrieve your data. Good luck...

P.S. I like vista beta 2 also but its still very troublesome, However I doubt that is your problem. Make sure your system is compatible and you may want to make sure it is more than compatible. I still prefer XP. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> Hard drives wanted All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: