www.deadharddrive.com
Deadharddrive forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing PCB board: WORKED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfonz85
Officially active!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Replacing PCB board: WORKED Reply with quote

Hi all, the 28th May 2005 I sit at the computer, went to power it on...
Hard disk (Maxtor DM9+ 6Y06L0 YAR41VW0) DEAD. Non spinning up, like no power cable connected to it.
Tried everything from changing power supply to change molex, but nothing. The problem was serious. I figured out only after a little time that the problem had to be electrical.
Full of rage, I've put my hdd in a drawer, and started to put away 1 euro by 1 euro to arrive at 1000 euros for the hard drive recovery.
One month ago, I opened the drawer and picked up the hdd, then I took the circuit board and started to surf the web writing the pcb code.
The result was a french hardware forum, where I contacted a wonderful guy that sells pcb boards of damaged hard drives...
Just gave him the code and all the serials of the hard drive, and voilą!
The hard drive works fine, just like before!
I have all my precious data back!!
The pcb swap worked for me, and I recommend to everyone that has electrical hdd problems to try at least to swap the circuit board!
Thanks for the site, it gave me some important infos!
Bye bye! Very Happy

P.S and don't buy Maxtor...the worst hdd company ever. Their user support is shit!! Mad
goAMinD
Posted once

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I contact that french dude? I need a PCB myself and if he sells them I guess I could be lucky. Or at least a link to the forum he uses??
pippo
Deadharddrive regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: pcb Reply with quote

lnx.nands.it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.deadharddrive.com Forum Index -> More stories All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: